First PC Build - Need Review? (also help picking out graphics card / case if possible)

ab7a7

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Hi, erm its my first time trying to build a PC, I would really appreciate it if you could have a look at my build parts, possibly suggest some other components within the same price range or lower (kinda maxed out budget already)? I wont be doing any OC, and im sticking to AMD processor :)

Parts:
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: Asus M5a97 evo r2
Memory: Corsair Vengence 8GB (2 x4GB)
Storage: SSD Samsung evo 840 120GB
Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Graphics: (Varies but considering r9 280x (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire TOXIC))
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 xl (considered CM HAF 932 Advanced)
PSU: Corsair 750W RM
Optical Drive...(doesnt really matter)

ab7a7

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Hmm, i've kinda maxed out my budget already for now. Also considering adding a NZXT Sentry 2...to control fans? unless this isn't necessary - I dont wanna be running my fans at max always lol

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
With that asus board comes "ASUS Fan Xpert " a nice program to help you to control the fans,i have a asus board too and it makes my cooler master haf xb fans as quiet as i want them to be.

It's up to you what to use and spend your money on.The fx 8350 comes with a stock cooler so you won't be without one,it probably just is louder and hotter,a strange thing since it seems you want a quiet pc hence the fan controller.

ab7a7

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Silence doesnt bother me lol, i just want a case thats appealing / has some nice airflow / DUST FILTERS Are a must. lol (its why i didnt choose for CM HAF 932 advanced)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

It isn't necessary.

Do you add the fan controller just because it looks good or does the underlined mean something? It doesn't add up.

I rather would pick a nice cooler,but it's up to you.In the end like i said it's a good build.Maybe change the psu,according to rumour here it's a lower end product from corsair.The HX or AX should be better and there are other brands as good like seasonic,xfx.
A list where it is listed as "tier 3",
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
which are ok but not the best.

ab7a7

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

The underlined stuff matters, As for Power Supply is this better
http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-760w-ax760-80plus-platinum-high-performance-psu-8D4X.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc%20product%20search&utm_content=Q200&utm_campaign=Components%20and%20Storage%20-%20Cases,%20Cooling%20and%20Power%20-%20Power%20Supply%20Units&origin=pla
If i choose this PSU, is it okay if i drop out the NZXT Sentry 2 and have fans connected to motherboard? Also for the above case, do i need more than 3 fans? If so, is it possible to somehow control all fans through Motherboard / the Asus Fan XPert software you mentioned?

ab7a7

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Modular PSU doesnt really matter, im trying to keep cost for PSU below £100. Though the AX does slightly go over this

ab7a7

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Thanks, Decided on the Asus r9 280X Direct CU TOP as my Graphics card.