What is toms hardware?

Sambaba27

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Hi, i'm new to the site. I was just wondering what toms hardware was used for. A few days ago i started a fundraiser on Gofundme.com for my friend Dave. After many failed attempts to get people to notice the page I decided to look up computer forums and tomshardware was the first search result. Is this site made for anything that has to do with computers? Could I advertise my fund raiser for Dave on here?
Thanks for your opinions<3

Solution
Toms Hardware is a site that reports on and reviews computer hardware and general going-ons with technology, with the forums here for discussion, questions and inquires. If it has something to do with a computer, you can probably talk about it here, we have discussions ranging from Sub Ambient TEC water-cooling to networking a small city and about everything in between.

However, you cant advertise your fundraising drive here. In general if you directly profit from doing something on Tom's, whether that be affiliate links, commercial advertising, donations, diverting traffic to your own website, etc it isn't allowed as we don't want people to piggyback off the visibility of the forum for their own gain.

Krishna Moorthy

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Tom's Hardware is a website where computer parts/ hardware peripherals and reviewed and talked about. We also discuss other things such as cars and lifestyle here. It is a great community and im sure no one would abject to you putting a link to your website in the forums. Good luck :)

RaccoonPete

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
I don't think there is any problem with posting it however I sincerely doubt anyone will throw money at something that won't benefit anyone other than your friend. TomsHardware is a community of people that posts news on tech and the forum section where people ask tech related questions or discussions.

Toms Hardware is a site that reports on and reviews computer hardware and general going-ons with technology, with the forums here for discussion, questions and inquires. If it has something to do with a computer, you can probably talk about it here, we have discussions ranging from Sub Ambient TEC water-cooling to networking a small city and about everything in between.

However, you cant advertise your fundraising drive here. In general if you directly profit from doing something on Tom's, whether that be affiliate links, commercial advertising, donations, diverting traffic to your own website, etc it isn't allowed as we don't want people to piggyback off the visibility of the forum for their own gain.

Solution