Rampage IV Extreme cannot boot up!

Behrad Kh

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Hey guys...

I have a small problem with my new computer. I had some components before and the CPU and MB had been destroyed :D

I wanted to get a new one so I ordered i7 4820k and Rampage IV extreme. My other component are:
2* Zotac GTX 480
6* corsair 2Gb 1600
1200W PSU

The system boot up several time and in this period I managed to update the BIOS to the latest (4701) but the problem remains. The system won’t boot up and only one time I could do half of the Windows Installation procedure and the rest either no boot up or running black and then turned off. After it shut down I cannot turn it on again for several minutes. In BIOS I can see my components correctly recognized. If you need other information I would like to support it for you. 

It would be nice if you can help me solve this puzzle

Sylverac

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I had the same issue with my Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z.

What I found out was that in order for the board to have so many SATA ports, it had an extra Marvell sata controller chip. Unfortunately, you cannot boot from anything coming off the marvell chip sata ports. Try all your sata ports (Or start with SATA_0 if you are willing to read the small print on the board or consult your mobo manual).

I hope that helps!

Behrad Kh

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Thanks I tried it no change but when I disabled second Graphic onboard and removed SLI cable it booted up!!!! what should I do about it?!

Sylverac

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Interesting. I wonder if maybe the graphics cards were not getting enough power then. Go through each step in the guide below carefully and see if that fixes it.

Behrad Kh

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

It solved! although it didnt bot up when i connected 4 pin so i read the manual said 8pin or 4 pin now both installed and work perfectly! other problem remains. when shut down it cannot run for several minutes. i have to wait! any reason or just come over it?

Sylverac

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Sounds like a power supply issue. If you have a voltage tester I'd make sure all the voltages your PS are providing are correct. Or be lazy and just RMA it :p