evga p55 i5 655k motherboard

duganmd3

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Is it possible to run more than 4gig of RAM with this EVGA motherboard? I have 16gig available, all the same brand and speed, but every time I install it the PC will crash when I run heavy intensive programs. Windows recognizes all of the RAM, but it will crash when I have more than 4gig in and run intensive software. I have ran memtest86+ on all of the RAM (4 passes each) and checked all of the slots. I don't even know if it's possible to run more than 4gig, just trying to use this extra RAM I have laying around. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hard to say then. It might be a CPU issue (memory controller), but without swapping parts it's hard to say for sure. And since all slots are properly working with single module, I doubt that it's a CPU socket bent pins issue but... if wanting to check...
Is it a new setup? If not, what memory did you use?

duganmd3

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
It's an old setup, I am using the RAM I linked in my previous post. It came with 4gig (2x2gig), but I assumed with 4 slots, it could handle more than 4gig. Thanks for your reply.

duganmd3

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I thought so. This is very frustrating. At this point I would be okay with it not working with 16gig, I just want to know why! :(