m2n68-la flash bios please help been on this for ages

Raggler

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
ok i installed windows xp on my hp pavilion a6210z then it had me restart pc next thing i know it says boot block award v1.0
checksum error bios.
ive done the change battery change ram leave off for 30 minutes heck i even left it off all night still the same thing

ive searched all over and all i came up with is download the 513.rom bios and use awdflash and install on floppy and run in dos mode well i did all that but it keeps saying the program file does not match and part number does not match with yoru system.

does anyone have the orginal bios or a newer bios that i flash back on this its for my kids and i dont have much cash to by another pc it does the job just great just downgrading to xp due to the ram limitation's. ive even tried to /f to force the bios same thing still its not the nara board people are talking about its just a generic board with 2 ram slots its the brown one with a amd x2 opeteron cpu in it. would be considerably greatfull if someone can help me solve this so far toms hardware has helped me with alot and im just stumped on this thanks

Raggler

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
it was windows 7 when i got it from someone on craigslist. then after awile i got sick of it freezing and stuff with only 1gb of ram so i downgraded to windows xp it installed and everthing then i installed the video driver and stuff restarted and boom there it went im goign to try and take a look at what you posted

Raggler

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
ahh ok the link you gave me is for the bios but only for windows install rite now its were i have to flash using a flash drive it will not boot. cause there is an error on the bios block somewere some how. unless someone here knows how to extract the .rom file from that instaler there is a file in there called ivy5 but i beleive that is nto the rom. i need the .rom file that correctly fits my bios in order to install it via floppy

Raggler

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
nope no disc came with it. ok im about to try it now, ill get back to you asap. i know how to flash and all but its just getting the rite bios thats it.

Raggler

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
didnt work tried it said need newer award bios or something like that. seems as if maybe its time to just end this fiasco and throw this away. i contacted asus and they told me that they built the boards for hp and they should have it but i tried to contact them they only help you if the dam board is under warrenty well the system what some bull

TRENDING THREADS