GPU RMA Question [TL;DR at bottom]

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
So I just shipped my XFX Radeon HD 6870 via FedEx ($12 cost) to XFX.
I used this form right here:
http://xfxstorage.com/Support/pca_rma_tc_ns.pdf

The RMA status said it was okay to ship it. Here come the questions.
#1 I registered my product on XFX 3 years ago using a similar serial number: MXY042825. I checked on the bottom of my GPU (Where the pins are) and it says, written in sharpie, Serial No. U25X5 (Changed up so my serial isn't released). I put this number on my RMA form (Page 3 of PDF) as the serial number.

Will they accept this? Is this my actual serial, because I think I used the serial that was on my box, which was the MXY and I don't have my retail box anymore.

#2 I'm not sure what the ordering code (Page 3 of PDF) was so I just found a random number that looked like it on the side of the GPU. I used this as reference: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/HowtoidentifythemodelofanATIgraphicscard.aspx
The reference had 3 dashes for the PN so I found this number on it: 90-241X23SB-NTK (Changed up numbers)

#3 On the side of the GPU, when I first got it there was a white sticker and on the fan of the GPU it said "Peel off plastic before use". I thought it wanted me to peel off the white sticker so I did and a cut out of the word "VOID" was painted on the place where the white sticker was suppose to be. I paniced so I washed the word "VOID" off it. Am I screwed? Also on the bottom of it the screws have stickers that say "VOID IF REMOVED", I didn't touch those.

I don't want them to return it because it would be a waste of $12 shipping to them. Will they return the card? I really want my GPU fixed since it failed over a long period of usage (3 years, a lot of reviews on newegg say their card failed 8 months to 2 years).

Note: I didn't open up my GPU, ever.

Thank you for reading my thread.

I'll be nice and give a TL;DR:

RMA Form Source

1) Ticket had a different serial (retail box's: MXY042825) number than RMA form (back of GPU: U25X5)

2) Don't know what the order code was (Product number), on the side it was printed 90-241X23SB-NTK so I used that

3) Took off a void sticker on the side of it, bottom screws still have void stickers

Will they accept this RMA, or return my GPU?

1 and 2 probably wont matter, with RMA's manufacturers usually don't give any cares so long as it isn't obvious you are trying to screw them, I've send away plenty of stuff without serial numbers or proof of purchase. Though, the sticker about warranty being void if removed could pose an issue, I sent a dead motherboard away for an RMA and because I removed a sticker like that it took a bit of persuading for them to accept the return, had to prove I bought it and such.

If they give you a problem just explain why you peeled it off, but I've spoke to XFX before and they generally are pretty good.

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Oh wow thanks! I hope they don't notice. I'm sure they only added the void sticker there just to see if you opened it, but how could I have opened it if the void stickers for the screws are still there.

I still have to RMA my RAT 7 though and I don't have my receipt from Best Buy. They replied saying they can't accept it without proof but they'll see what they can do.

A lot of things broke this Christmas =/

TRENDING THREADS