if the temperature of the CPU shows from 60 to 80 good or bad

hmtmohan236

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Dear Sir,

I am 58 years old. I am using desktop with windows 7 Pentium (R) Dual Core CPU E 5300 @2.60 GHz Memory RAM 3 GB, System type :32 - Bit operating system. with 1TB. Often my computer while operating system will off every 5 minutes sometimes after 15 to 20 mins and started on its own. One of my friend told to have the temperature gadget to watch. But the temperature o the CPU will show from 60 to 80 and some times 17 to 40. In RAM usage it will show from 20 to 40. I don't understand. Whoever called for repairs changed the SMPS other one changed the Processor fan. Like this keep on changing one by one. Still I am having the same problem.
Kindly guide me.
Thanks and regards
K.Mohan,
Chennai
hmtmohan236@gmail.com
I confirm I am over 13 years of age and agree to abide by the site’s rules.

swilczak

Distinguished
The maximum temp that your CPU can operate at without problem is 74C, so it's likely that your PC shuts down when the CPU gets too hot. The person who installed the new cooler may have installed a faulty cooling fan, or it's possible that it wasn't installed right or that thermal grease wasn't applied properly. I would talk to them and have them look everything over and make sure they used thermal grease.