Sign in with
Your question

Help with medium price gaming pc build

Last response: in Systems

Which medium-priced PC Build is the best?

Total: 2 votes

• Intel Core i5 4670
  • 0 %
  • Intel Core i7 3770 (Refurbished)
  • 0 %
  • AMD FX-6300
  • 0 %
  • BUY PARTS SEPARATELY
  • 100 %
December 31, 2013 8:37:01 PM

Hey guys
I believe I found a few great deals on some desktops, however they're pre-built. Can I get some opinions on whether or not they're as great of deals as I believe?

My favorite, an Intel Core i5 4670 Build is found here: Intel Core i5 4670
Here is a refurbished Intel Core i7 3770 Build: Refurbished Intel Core i7 3770
And finally here is an AMD FX-6300 Build: AMD FX-6300

The AMD Build does not come with Windows, however I can add that and it will still cost an unimportant amount less than the other two builds. I am starting to favorite the AMD build simply because it gives the models of each of its components, rather than simply what they are. The Intel builds also don't list their motherboards, and I'm not sure if that's up for concern.

I know buying parts rather than pre-built PCs is usually the way to go but these deals seem almost spot on or even less than the price of buying all the parts alone and it has 0% of the hassle.

Can anyone build an equal or better PC with ALL the bells and whistles of these builds such as wireless cards and a version of Windows (7/8) for a substantially less amount?

Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays!
a b å Intel
a c 391 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
December 31, 2013 8:40:00 PM

The i7 build is junk for games. It won't even run most at lowest settings.

The AMD build is good but the PSU will need to be changed out as it is VERY low quality. It should play all games at a mix of medium/high settings.
December 31, 2013 8:52:50 PM

AMD build looks good..
Related resources
December 31, 2013 8:53:34 PM

tiny voices said:
The i7 build is junk for games. It won't even run most at lowest settings.

The AMD build is good but the PSU will need to be changed out as it is VERY low quality. It should play all games at a mix of medium/high settings.

Thanks for your opinion and quickness. How about the i5, or should I not trust the unknown components?
If I went with the AMD build, what wattage would you recommend of a PSU? 500W seems like plenty to me and the included PSU is 80+ bronze, I don't see what could be so terrible about it.
a b å Intel
a c 391 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
December 31, 2013 8:57:00 PM

500w is plenty but the PSU it comes with is 100% trash. It uses a junk OEM and the 80+ cert. is most likely fake. RAIDMAX has been bottom barrel for YEARS. It NEEDS to be replaced with a Corsair, Antec, XFX, Seasonic unit. It should EASILY fry the entire computer.
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
December 31, 2013 9:03:28 PM

the i5 is the build to get if cost is not an option
December 31, 2013 9:07:43 PM

tiny voices said:
500w is plenty but the PSU it comes with is 100% trash. It uses a junk OEM and the 80+ cert. is most likely fake. RAIDMAX has been bottom barrel for YEARS. It NEEDS to be replaced with a Corsair, Antec, XFX, Seasonic unit. It should EASILY fry the entire computer.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. But again, what about the i5?
I also see that the i5 Build has an HDMI input so I assume that I'd be able to plug it into my 32 inch 1080p HDTV. If I can, would I also be able to with the AMD Build? Happy New Years if you're into that sort of thing :) 
a b å Intel
a c 391 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
December 31, 2013 9:09:37 PM

Both builds have HDMI of course. ALL Modern GPUs have it. Not is not an issue.

Happy New years as well!

The i5 build is better because it has a better CPU and the same GPU.
December 31, 2013 9:24:55 PM

tiny voices said:
The i5 build is better because it has a better CPU and the same GPU.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the help!
!