h100i rad position in Air 540

johnnyp23

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I'm having trouble deciding the best place to mount the h100i radiator in my corsair air 540. As I see it I have two solid choices, both with pros and cons, if you would read through and let me know your thoughts that'd be awesome.
1. leave the 2 af140l's as intake in the front, and mount rad in top as push/pull exhaust.
2. move the 2 af140's to top as exhaust, mount rad in front as intake with an extra 120mm fan underneath blowing fresh air on gpu's.
Both seem pretty good, i kind of like 2 but I don't have much experience with this stuff. I'm curious to see some opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I say top but Corsair states having it pull air is the best solution. That's how I have mine setup and I think the 12MM in the back of my 500R is more than enough to pull the hot air out as my GPU hasn't changed temps at all.
G

Mount the rad on top and exhaust. No reason to blow hot air into the case when you don't need to.

I say top but Corsair states having it pull air is the best solution. That's how I have mine setup and I think the 12MM in the back of my 500R is more than enough to pull the hot air out as my GPU hasn't changed temps at all.

Solution