Screen goes black, restart monitor fixes it

altekomps

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
So I've had this for the last couple days. My computer monitor will just die, and go black. The power/standby light still stays green (as opposed to amber which is standby/no signal), but there is no picture. But if I press the power button twice - off and then on again - the picture comes back no problem. Since restarting the monitor fixes it I have to feel like it's a monitor issue but I'm not sure. The issue only seems to happen (so far) when I first start up the computer.

The only other graphics issue I've been having is strange artifacts on certain websites - little squares that look like holes in whatever image - but I understand that's a known issue with Radeons.

This is a new system build. Here are the specs:

Mobo: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera
Graphics: Radeon 7870 gHZ edition 2GB
RAM: 8gb (2x 4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws on channel B (as per mobo manual recommendation)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
CD drive: ASUS DVD drive
PSU: Corsair CX 750M (I think? CX is right, it's a 750 watt unit, from Corsair, 80 Bronze cert or whatever it is).

Thanks,
-altekomps

sounds like a monitor issue, you can try to uninstall the drivers for the card and run the graphics off the cpu and just search the web for a bit or whatever and see if you have similar issues.