AMD Radeon HD 5450 Not Performing / Lag Issues

nidhink1995

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
My Radeon HD 5450 was working very well for about 6-7 months.
Suddenly One day My monitor Showed no signal and I found out that the monitor was connected to the on-board graphics card.
when I connected the Monitor to the Graphic card, the Monitor started display but since then the games that were working smoothly(PES 2013, NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, FIFA 13) started to stutter and lag too much. HD videos started to break and stutter.. What to Do.? May be a change in BIOS?
Please Help..
All Answers very very Welcome..

OS Name = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version = 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type = X86-based PC
Processor = Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s)
BIOS Version/Date = American Megatrends Inc. 0312, 30-01-2008
SMBIOS Version = 2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer = Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) = 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory = 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory = 719 MB
Total Virtual Memory = 6.44 GB
Available Virtual Memory = 4.73 GB
Page File Space = 4.44 GB

Display Resolution = 1600 x 900 , 60Hz

nidhink1995

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I just unplugged the monitor cable from the port near on-board graphics card to the port on the AMD 5450 Graphics card..
When I asked an expert he said I should have pugged it in the AMD Graphics card port at the time I installed it.. But it was working fine

PS: Thank You Very Much for Your Fast Reply.. :)

Well it doesn't matter what that expert said anyways, so you just unplugged from graphics card and put it straight into onboard with same input still being used on the monitor? If the onboard worked and not the actual graphics card, then there is a serious problem with the card and it won't be fixable, you'll have to get a new one or replace it if it's still in warranty.

nidhink1995

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

No No.. you got it all wrong..
Let me be clear.. at first I had only the onboard Graphics card ( The Games won't Work)
Then I got the Graphics card
and the Monitor was plugged into the Onboard itself (I belive at that time both onboard and my Radeon was working together :O and the games were working well)
then when the signal/display was gone, I plugged it into the Radeon's Display Port. Then Signal/display came. but the games and HD videos statred to stutter...
Edit:
I just found out that the Radeon is a little hot.. near 60 degree celcius.. (Is it a problem??)

60 degrees is within operating temperature, is that hotter then usual when you normally use it?

nidhink1995

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I don't know.. I haven't checked the temperature when it was working normal..
I want to know what could be the cause for the games and videos getting stuck... could I fix it if I tweak the Bios?? or Using AMD Overdrive? I tried Updating the AMD Driver but still lagging.. :(

the normal operating temperatures should be found if you scan the web but you are experiencing lagging. How long does the lag lag for? is it micro-stutter or worse? And just to be sure what games are you playing as some could be poorly coded and be the result of poor performance.

nidhink1995

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I used to play
PES 2013 (KONAMI)
FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
NFS Hotpursuit 2010 (EA Games)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Activision)

All of the above worked smoothly...
But now when I start these games.. they are lag and stutter (Full time) and they are very slow..
But what I noticed is that the Menu screens are Normal and when the game starts and when we are moving, the lag and stutter is very high..

Oh, so these games did work smoothly and now they don't. Try this, Put the card in a different PCI-E 16x slot and then re-install the cards drivers, the drivers of the card might have become corrupt so it should be best to re-install them. At the same time trying a different PCI-E 16x slot will make sure that the slot hasn't become faulty.

Alex2070

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

it sounds like you havent got the drivers installed or there may be an update if there is here is the link -

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

im also trying to get 2 radeon HD 5450 working together so i can play GTA 4 in full graphics

just make sure you have dual PCI-E x16 slots (not x4 as second) for crossfire and you'll be set.

nidhink1995

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Sorry for being idle these days...

I tried Updating the Drivers..
Now there is a little improvement.. Now it doesn't lag. but gets stuttered like I am watching a Robotic dance.. frame after frame..
I had also installed NFS Most Wanted 2012 (Used work well in medium settings).. Now when I tried playing it after updating the drivers, there is stuttering.. when I had the problem, It was very very lagging but now its better frame rate (still not satisfactory)

Any ideas??

Conflict?, If he isn't using the onboard (He doesn't have it plugged in to the monitor), It shouldn't be affecting it. That said you can disable it but he should be trying it if he has it. If you don't have it disabled already you might as well but this didn't happen for 6-7 months earlier so why would it happen now? Do you know what the CPU usage is when you are idling/playing? (it's a dual core CPU so I'm curious if it's now a factor that your playing games that are too demanding)

Alex2070

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
"just make sure you have dual PCI-E x16 slots (not x4 as second) for crossfire and you'll be set."

thanks unknownofprob you shattered my dreams XD :p mine is in fact PCI-E x16 and x4 so thats rather annoying but ive swapped them for a GeForce 9600GT and im going to sli them both, will this work?

It'll work but your second card in the x4 slot will not be going to it's full potential but limited. the card in the x16 slot will be running 100% fine but be doing most the work. i'd suggest getting one more powerful card then put it in the x16 slot, you'll get the best performance out of that with the least problems.