(1866 ram standard set to 1333) Want to overclock.

Do you think my temps are real?

• Total voters

kewrabbish

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hi, as a new member her i gently ask you guys for help.
I've had my computer now for almost 3 years i guess.
The motherboard supports up to 1866 mhz, and i bought 1866mhz 4x4 memory.
I though, for about 1,5 year the memory was doing that amount of speed all the time, but when i started to learn BIOS, Overclocking Cpu, gpu and such, i saw the RAM in the bios and they were set to 1333mhz.
And the motherboard support up to 1866, why can't i even change to 1600 without the computer complaining about overclocking at the startup?
"Please, go back to bis by ctrl+alt+del"

And another thing, i dont know how much this forum is for help, or how social and loyal you guys are, but you gonna have to liv with this, my english sucks but the my question is.

I have an FX-6200 3.8 Bulldozer black edition x6.
Something called that, can't remember, the stock clock is at 3.8 ghz, and i've overclocked it to 4.5 at 1.450V.
Since i have an AMD processor and the UD5 from gigabyte, the temp shows me 2 celcius in standby and 38 Celcius in maxload in HWMonitor.

Okay, that maybe doesnt sounds normal? But i've moved the computer to another room instead of my own, that room is not above 7-10 celcius, so i use DVI and USB extentions so be able to sit in my room, and the CPU and GPU keeps pretty cold. Would you believe in this?

Picture proves it here.

But this thread is about my memory, how do i do it? how do i pass the windows error?

2z702tf.png

Hi and welcome to Tom's Forum.

I don't see any problems with the temps, seems normal for the ambient temp that you have. I currently have a X6 1090T at 3.8GHz with a very similar voltage that you have and my temps never go above 35°C. AFAIK the FX series runs a little more cooler, so, I think that your temps are ok.

Regarding the memory frequency. What method did you used for overclock the CPU? Multiplier...FBS..both...

kewrabbish

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Hi! And thanks alot!
Well, i used the BIOS to overclock my cpu, it has multiplier 22.5x. What is FBS?

kewrabbish

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

i wont change the voltage or timing on the ram, beacuse i know i can kill them if i do it wrong.
try get home and see the picture than, its not importent, just the temps on my pc.

WHat is importat is how i can get my ram running 1866 instead of 1333.

Maybe it only supports 16gb at 1333? Look over the manual again. Look for xmp in the BIOS. Look for settings in the boot area to bypass errors or warnings. Try toggling settings related to that

You haven't listed the model numbers for your RAM or motherboard. If the RAM supports XMP profiles then all you should have to do is set the XMP profile for the RAM in the BIOS to get them to run at their advertised speed. Your motherboard owners manual will tell you how to set up the XMP profile.