Lian Li Prototypes PC Case That's Doubles as a Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
It looks far to slim for a good desk, while I do admit that a desk of 2.90M is a bit big I do think its far to small for a desk, maybe nice for a secondary table to put some stuff on next to your main desk like I have now on my right with a pc on it some controllers on it and some drawers and a amplifier underneath but as a main desk it would be far to small.

nadavp3

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
no one said that you have to use the red legs, I bet you could fit the case part in a much nicer frame\legs setup (be it wooden or metal)

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Looks really cheap almost like dime store furniture. I would seriously worry about putting expensive computer components in something like that.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I think the main thing people are missing is the weird air flow. The only entrance or exit for air is in the back. It lists spots for radiators, which is handy, but normally there are fans mounted to those and ... with nowhere for the air to go but a small channel that funnels everything to the back, it will heat up very quick.

I'm worried about heat with that particular design. Also, what about liquids on top of it?

I'm afraid to get my gonads near that thing when the video cards are being taxed, lol.

Cheers!

Does not look like it could handle my 360mm rads other than that it would be nice. But with my XSPC EX 360 water cooler and 3x Asus 27" monitors I would need something larger than this. To bad I do like the looks guess I will have to keep the desk I have for a while longer.

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
"Max card length 11 inches" I'm assuming this is a mistake based on the amount of room the GPU has in the picture, but if its accurate that is really restrictive for a desk... my 7970 is 11.2" which wouldn't fit, and I forget what my friend has but his was somewhere around 12.4". It makes no sense for this case to have problems fitting longer cards, was 11" just a number they threw out there while its in prototype?

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
yea less than 3 feet wode isnt gonna cut it. They need to revise this prototype to not be limited to the size of the computer case. Make the computer case slide in and slide out, and give us a typical 4.5 ft wide desk.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
These things always tend to fall into a couple categories. Either they're gaudy and made of cheaper material than their price tag represents, or they're expensive enough that you would be almost insane to buy one. They also tend to lack any sort of overhang, which is actually useful for a number of reason, not least of these being mounting brackets for monitors, or as someone above noted, peripherals like a racing wheel.

Lutfij

Titan
Well that's another stab at the Red Harbinger desk ... and for people who would like their components and stare at it all day long but this kinda stuff is over-rated since the practical use of a desk isn't erm practical. You have your arms in an elevated position and this over the desk keyboard placement will cause muscle cramps and fatigue possible even nerve damage due to improper posture.

Though who am I to argue people end up going to the hospital anyway cos they like to learn the hard way and paying through the nose while their at it.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Not big enough. Furniture makers never seem to realize what a good computer desk should be about. I have monitors, speakers, external devices, nick nacks, plus food and drinks, not to mention the keyboard, mouse, and gamepad. 99% of 'computer desks' cannot accommodate all this.
31" is about four inches too high without a keyboard tray.

pomop

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Reminder guys, this is a prototype. The likelyhood of them creating a good computer and then putting it on shoddy legs are slim to none. Just give it time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.