PC build for work and MMO gaming (475 euro)

JohnnyAmpere

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hi all, it's my first post here but I'm not really new to the forums. I usually just lurked around keeping myself up to date, but this time I'm in need of help. I want to build a PC which suits my current needs. I will use it for work, but the program I use for work runs fine on the laptop already so I don't expect any problems on a newer system. Next to that I play mostly MMO's (WoW, Guild Wars 2, Rift and waiting impatiently for Wildstar to release) which I would like to be able to play at highest settings. I play occasionally some other games like Bioshock, but I'm fine if I can play them at medium settings.

I do know MMO's are cpu heavy and that intel is recommended in that case, but here comes the catch, my budget (475 euro max) and the place for me to shop is limited. I live in Latvia and I'm basically bound to this webshop 1a.lv since it is one of the cheapest and reliable shops here and I need everything on 1 bill so I can refund taxes.

I've already got a mouse and I will get a simple keyboard and monitor with 1920x1080p resolution so those don't have to be included in the budget.

Below is the setup I have in mind and I would like to hear your opinions.

CPU: i3-4130
MoBo: ASUS B85M-G
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE BLACK 4GB DDR3 CL9 KIT OF 2
GPU: MSI AMD/ATI RADEON HD7850 2GB
PSU: CORSAIR BUILDER CX430
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 500GB 7200RPM SATA3 32MB
Case: COOLER MASTER MIDL TOWER ELITE K(NIGHT) 350

Total: 467.43 euro

Is the i3 processor still a good choice nowadays or will I have to start looking for an i5 or something else? Maybe an AMD fx-6300 or the athlon II x4 750k and get a better GPU like the R9 270? Your opinions are highly welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ps. You can find the components under the "Datoru komponentes" tab.

pamatplates = motherboards
procesori = processors
operativa atmina = ram
video kartes = video cards
cietie diski (HDD) = HDD's
korpusi = casings
barosanas bloki = PSU's