PC Gaming Room Advice

Jackypantz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hello,
I am going to be moving soon into a much bigger house where I can possibly have a room to do whatever with. I am thinking about making a PC gaming room so when friends come over there are computers ready to run. I would like it to look modern, maybe dark, colored light and so on. I am on a tighter budget and have already built my own computer for around 1500$. I would like to build these pcs for 500$ or less. I just want it to play games on around medium settings. I am looking for suggestions on any topic at all lights, pc build, spacing, desks, anything. Please, post within budget but if you just have a cool idea I would love to here it no matter what the expense. Thanks and have fun with ideas.

Jack

Solution
build your own desk(s) out of MDF, plywood and 2x4s. have custom printed vinyl graphics made of your favorite games and glue them down as a veneer top. it would be 100% unique.

or have a custom gaming wallpaper made up or use custom painted logos on the walls.

why do you need to provide pcs? you could just make it a lanparty room for BYOPC.

i would not use anything like uv lighitng (bad for the eyes) but you could use some blue/red/colored lights and make some metal covers for them so they shine logos on the walls. like the bf4 logo, etcetera.

you could use dark tables with red underlighting and dim ambient lighting from above for a neat effect.

you could also use very heavily frosted glass tables with some led strips to make them...
look for pinball unit and old pac man table top and or galaga game. in a corner of the room i use two pc and make a racing game out of two of the pc. or I use the money and make one large bf4 game. muilt monitor set up and feed back game that been posted.

build your own desk(s) out of MDF, plywood and 2x4s. have custom printed vinyl graphics made of your favorite games and glue them down as a veneer top. it would be 100% unique.

or have a custom gaming wallpaper made up or use custom painted logos on the walls.

why do you need to provide pcs? you could just make it a lanparty room for BYOPC.

i would not use anything like uv lighitng (bad for the eyes) but you could use some blue/red/colored lights and make some metal covers for them so they shine logos on the walls. like the bf4 logo, etcetera.

you could use dark tables with red underlighting and dim ambient lighting from above for a neat effect.

you could also use very heavily frosted glass tables with some led strips to make them glow red for an effect.

creativity is endless.

Solution

Jackypantz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Thank you very much ssddx. I will take all this into consideration. You hit the mark exactly. I would still love to here more from anyone else!