***HELP PLEASE*** No Video with new CPU, Mobo, and GPU

danhartwig

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I recently bought a 4930k, evga 780, and an evga mobo. I swapped everything over, everything powered up, but there's no video. I made sure everything was plugged in properly, but nothing. I plugged hooked up the old mobo and plugged in the new gpu into it and it worked fine. I used this time to instal drivers for it. I tried putting everything back into the new mobo with new CPU, but still nothing. I'm stumped and its starting to piss me off because it's an expensive upgrade that I wanna use now. Any help would be appreciated.

Keira2142

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hve you tried plugging it into the onboard video and seeing if that works? If it is, sounds like your bios is defaulting to the onboard video.

Keira2142

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Back to the basics then: Check the PCI-E plugs, and make sure the metal tab on the bottom of the GPU isn't catching on the case/motherboard, preventing it from being pushed into the lane properly. but it sounds like a problem with the motherboard. COuld be a faulty PCI-E lane, do you have another GPU to drop in there and see?

I agree with this because in 90% of cases I've seen, it's the motherboard that's the problem. It's mostly because there is so much more on the motherboard that can go wrong. I've never seen a DOA CPU in my 25 years of PC building and motherboards are DOA far more often than video cards. EVGA is a masterful video card maker but their motherboards fall behind makers like ASUS, ASRock and Gigabyte in quality. It's kind of like Sapphire. Their video cards are second to none but their motherboards.... not so much. I'd say that EVGA motherboards are more on MSI's level.

danhartwig

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Any suggestions for a good LGA2011 mobo without spending like $500?