Sign in with
Your question

Will this laptop be capable of playing games like Diablo 3 or Skyrim

Last response: in Video Games
January 3, 2014 10:52:54 AM

My wife got me a cheap laptop for xmas and was after a bit of advice about its capabilty of playing games like Skyrim and Diablo before I go wasting money buying them.

I know that it is under the minimum requirements listed for these games but wondered if I would get away with playing them on lower settings.

Pocessor - AMD Dual Core E1-2500 (1.4 GHz)
RAM - 8 GB
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon 8240

Here is a link -
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/...

Thanks
January 3, 2014 11:26:05 AM

I'm afraid that you won't be able to play skyrim for the laptops graphics that is build in is only 400MHz an its memory is not enough there are ways to decreas it for instance I saw a way on youtube and it looked horroble you may still be able to play older games like age of empires and so on but I would not recommend the laptop
January 3, 2014 11:31:09 AM

It sucks really bad for gaming. In that price category you won't get anything that could run new games decently. With this particular laptop you're looking at maximum low settings(800x640 plus low on everything else) around 20-30fps on Skyrim. That's not really playable. You could play only games from before 2006 or some newer less demanding indie games in decent quality settings
Looking at other laptops from currys, this is the best one you could get for your budget(under 300 pounds)
Even though it has integrated graphics(Intel HD 4000), they're still better than the graphics card the other laptop has(Around twice as good). Also the processor is much better than the AMD E1-2500(3x better). Only thing is that it has only 2gb ram, but you can upgrade it to 8gb, when you get some extra cash. ;) 
This laptop would definitely be better for gaming. It still wouldnt be ultra graphics, but you could atleast play most modern games on low graphics settings with good framerates.
Related resources
January 3, 2014 10:40:31 PM

aamatniekss said:
It sucks really bad for gaming. In that price category you won't get anything that could run new games decently. With this particular laptop you're looking at maximum low settings(800x640 plus low on everything else) around 20-30fps on Skyrim. That's not really playable. You could play only games from before 2006 or some newer less demanding indie games in decent quality settings
Looking at other laptops from currys, this is the best one you could get for your budget(under 300 pounds)
Even though it has integrated graphics(Intel HD 4000), they're still better than the graphics card the other laptop has(Around twice as good). Also the processor is much better than the AMD E1-2500(3x better). Only thing is that it has only 2gb ram, but you can upgrade it to 8gb, when you get some extra cash. ;) 
This laptop would definitely be better for gaming. It still wouldnt be ultra graphics, but you could atleast play most modern games on low graphics settings with good framerates.

and if you do play on ultra high graphics it might not last long
January 4, 2014 2:18:00 AM

pjg said:
aamatniekss said:

and if you do play on ultra high graphics it might not last long

Anyways, if he plans to do gaming, he should get a cooling pad to keep the temps down. That way it would last long enough to satisfy all his gaming needs. ;) 
!