Need help with starting my computer, not appearing on screen, keyboard not working!

legomaster181

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Try it again with the RAM. It's my belief that all the core parts must be installed in order to get some kind of BIOS or anything, although I could be wrong.

FutureMarine

Honorable
May 12, 2013

I'm getting my RAM at the end on the month, and graphics card a little after for my birthday. I was just trying to make sure everything ran smooth and had no problems.

FutureMarine

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Will do, I'm only 15, and after 7 months, i've got it to a running state after a lot of working. I was upset at first, thank you for making me not panic as much now. I have $55 currently, need almost $90 for my 8GB of RAM.

FutureMarine

Honorable
May 12, 2013

So, I got my 8GB of RAM as a late Christmas present. Still nothing. Everything runs, all case fans on, cpu fan on. I installed my RAM and it won't appear on the screen. I tried using my SD monitor and also my HDTV. It says to get into my BIOS, I have to press Delete while it's booting up, but when I plug my keyboard in, it doesn't light up. The keyboard works, i'm using it on my laptop currently, it's a USB keyboard.

R0ckiiegaming

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I had this problem. For me it was my cpu, I had accidentally hit it with some static shock from my finger and fried it while trying to apply new thermal paste.

That's just me, but try using a different cpu and see if that is the problem.

legomaster181

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I see in your video that you didn't plug in your CPU power cable, have you plugged it in after it was made? It's 4x2, white, and to the top/left of the CPU from the vantage point of the video. The cable itself should be able to split in two, but since yours is the full size make sure you link them together and plug it in.

FutureMarine

Honorable
May 12, 2013

That was the problem. Thank you so much. I will update you when I get my OS, which will be very soon. :)

legomaster181

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
No problem. I had a similarly dumb problem my first build, put all the cables together and tried to turn on and no go. Spent over an hour trying to debug it, turns out I hadn't hooked up the power button. Anyway, congrats on the new PC!

FutureMarine

Honorable
May 12, 2013

This is a first and there were so many cords that were included with the Power Supply, I kind of just plugged the ones that were obvious. :p I appreciate the help.