Surface Mini May Have Motion Detection Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
"Sources also said it will likely work much smoother than "Air Gestures" used by the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. The Surface Mini will even supposedly sport a 1080p display, an Intel "Bay Trail" chip, and run the full Windows 8.1." Then they should call it Surface Pro Mini if it'll run full version of Windows 8.1.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Microsoft just keeps going around in circles. They put the full operating system on the mini tablet where productivity isn't as important and the ARM based, cut down version on the full size one? Only Microsoft is capable of such brilliance.

g-unit1111

Titan

Where Microsoft really lost money wasn't in the price of the Surface Pro, it was confusing the customers with Windows RT vs. Windows 8. Had they not tried to market that crap as a Windows alternative, they probably would have sold big time. If anything Bay Trail + Windows 8.1 will mean this thing will be more comparable to my Dell Venue than anything else.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
"surface mini"? microsoft, please don't just blind copy every single thing that apple does. you don't need three different tablets, and the lumia 1520 practically is a mini tablet anyway.

r3dl1n3

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I don't care if they make a mini Surface.. I just hope they make a Surface phone with Nokia camera tech in it.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
g-unit1111

Where Microsoft really lost money wasn't in the price of the Surface Pro, it was confusing the customers with Windows RT vs. Windows 8. Had they not tried to market that crap as a Windows alternative, they probably would have sold big time. If anything Bay Trail + Windows 8.1 will mean this thing will be more comparable to my Dell Venue than anything else.

It was all price. They could never be successful at their prices. They needed to sell near cost to get marketshare to have developers want to build Apps, which then produce a cycle of more demand.

They priced themselves near the iPad, that was suicide and evident at their complete and utter failure. They thought if they could copy Apple Stores with Microsoft Stores, and sell their products at similar price point they would make a lot of money. The reverse was reality.

Amazon is successful because its sold at cost. They make the money off Amazon purchases, that's smart. Microsoft was pricing between Android and iOS, that's plain stupidity. RT and Pro didn't matter when people aren't interested in the price point.

Nothing should be more expensive than an iPad, unless you want to cater to a niche.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
So the Surface Mini will in every way be better than the Surface 2 only more portable and less expensive? They should have gone Bay Trail on the Surface 2 from the start and added a digitizer. That would have been a home run. Maybe Mini will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS