Need a multi purpose computer with a quad core PC and good amount of ram for under $600.

ssd0904

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hello,

I'm a college student who is passionate about photography(won several amateur awards).

Unfortunately my DSLR is 36MP(D800) and the files are 80<MB

Now the problem is I really haven't done post processing for all my photos so far but I've started winning world renowned awards out of nowhere..So instead of processing like 1~2 photos with my laptop(Macbook air, no intention to change this, an awesome laptop) And I've always loved photogrpahy but I had no intention to become a photographer due to my good grades at school and my "Bright future" as my Asian parents say.

But now i think I can turn my direction around.

So I need a new computer.

It needs to do below listed things fluently.

1.Run photoshop
2.Watch 1080P movies(for my mom)
3.Run Lightroom
4.Play League of Legends without lag.
5.Have USB 3.0 ports

From my research, I think I need a quad core CPU with at least 8gb or 16gb rams.

I do have an OS, I do have a hard drive and a SSD from my old 17' Dell laptop.

So I need processor, ram, motherboard, case, graphic card.. I think that's about it.

If anyone could help me out with a decent budget, that'd be great. And what's good site to order parts for really cheap price?

ssd0904

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

Hey, I thought I posted everything, but i guess i wasn't detailed enough.

Monitor/keyboard/mouse has a separate budge, I'm guetting a dell u2412m and keyboard/mouse idc because I dont play LOL that much. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I'm going to be using Windows 7 64bit.

ssd0904

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Oh and I think it'd be awesome if the computer price was below $600. That's my max. budget and if there's no significant difference, I don't mind going $400~$500 computer for a slightly lower spec/performance.

zemiak

Distinguished
Well I can't really make the price much cheaper without making any major changes. You don't need a GTX 760 for LoL, are you planning on playing other games? Also, will you need a BlueRay player?