How hard is building a computer for the first time?

pr3dator96

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Honestly it's pretty straightforward, you should be fine.
If at any point you get stuck or are slightly unsure of what to do there are many video tutorials and stuff like that on Youtube.

Abscent

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Everything is pretty much plug and play, watch a few videos, follow their safety tips and you should have little to no issues. Also if you do run into a problem, people on this board will be happy to help.

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
That all depends. If you have had done a lot of research or not. Experience with swapping cases , components or just "opening" it are defintely a huge benefit when building your own pc. I do recommend watching some youtube videos, since they might tell you the crucial parts.

-Fastreaction

JackBAUS

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I built my first yesterday. EVERYTHING was straightforward and quite easy except the following (rookie mistakes); it took me ages to figure out how to get the optical drive in, but then I realised you have to take the front panel off, lol. Other than that, everything was pretty easy. I really recommend following the MANUALS when it comes to plugging cables in. If you don't know how to do something, either look it up and/or ask for help, or refer to your manual. One more thing, there is a fair bit of force required for some of the cables to fit in their headers. My SATA connectors were very stiff and took a LOT of force to get in.

Good luck! Enjoy it :)

spat55

Distinguished
Not to difficult, getting the right parts is the hardest. When you have got the parts it isn't that challenging to put it together just you need to not worry about cable management.