Need Help w/ Refusing Newegg.ca Delivery

Jonathan Whittle

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Hey, all. I ordered a set of parts from Newegg.ca to make a build. However, two days after I ordered my parts, I realized that I want a different video card. And so, I am wondering how I should go about this. I want everything else in the build, except for the card, and I only want to refuse the card. I don't want to have to pay restocking fees, or shipping, again. I heard that each shipment usually comes in one package. If I were to refuse a package, do my shipping charges get refunded too?

Solution
Contact Newegg customer support, if your lucky your order hasn't been processed yet and can still be changed, whether that will incur a fee I dont know.
If its too late or it does incur a fee, I think your just stuck with the card unless its DOA or you can sell it off to someone else and order the one you want.
i would doubt shipping charges would be refunded but cant hurt to ask. there is an old saying tho."since when did your lack of planning become my problem"? if i was the shipper in my mind i would have no legal or moral obligation to refund anything but the returned merchandise.i would,however,contact newegg and see what they will do for you.

Contact Newegg customer support, if your lucky your order hasn't been processed yet and can still be changed, whether that will incur a fee I dont know.
If its too late or it does incur a fee, I think your just stuck with the card unless its DOA or you can sell it off to someone else and order the one you want.

Solution

Jonathan Whittle

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

Understandable. It was a rushed buy, despite the amount of planning that went into my build. Thanks for your response. Although, do you know if it is possible to refuse one part of an order, while keeping the rest of it? Or do I need to return it after the delivery?

i think you would have to receive the whole order.ive done lots of shipping and receiving over the last 35 years an my experience is receive it all or none at all.but like was mentioned it doesnt hurt to ask newegg.

The person dropping the box at your door would have no idea whats inside it, and I doubt would let you tear it open before you sign for it. Would be too much paperwork if he did let you, far as the delivery company is concerned thats one package, you sign for all or none of it.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Dear Johathan,

Can you please email us your account information? We will be happy to review the options for this situation and assist you in any way we can. Our email address is Wecare@newegg.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newegg Support

TRENDING THREADS