Display problem with computer

draconic36

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
Hello everyone. I just wanted some opinions on what the issue I experienced today could have been about. First of all my computer is only 3 months old, my GPU is from asus (direct II) and a pz77-v pro mobo.

Anyway, today i went to open my case because i had a lot of vibrations, turns out I had a screw that needed to be tightened but when i put it all back together, and turned it on, i had a problem where the computers signal would not start, took me to the logo but beyond that it wouldnt go, the computers running perfectly fine now, to fix this i went on the bios and then discarded all changes, and wala it worked?

does anyone know why this signal problem could have happend? im now scared to even clean my computer out or take the cases apart because of this, only thing i could think of that i did differently was unplug the psu cord from the back, not sure if that has anything to do with it

what are your opinions ?

on new motherboard and windows eight they dont turn off like they did in windows 7. the motherboard when you pulled power may thought the mb lost power and locked up or fell over to power lost post till you cleared your bios info.

draconic36

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013

so its like a new thing with windows 8 and newer type motherboards? that's a relief and it makes sense because It's not like I touched anything other than the power, would you suggest just leaving it plugged in while cleaning or is this something to not worry about and continue going into bios when it happens every time I clean my computer?

M0j0jojo

Honorable
I have that problem sometimes, the screen goes black and it shows No Signal, and it usually happens when I play games. I have GA-X58A-UD7 mobo, Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits. and GTX 580. and the problem is not the Graphics card cuz i tried the same graphics card on my brothers computer, and it worked perfectly. I have a feeling its the motherboard, but idk and i cant RMA the mobo since i ran out of warranty.

draconic36

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013

oh well mine never had any problems for games, its only i guess when i unplug the back completely then it just goes weird when i turn it back on, easily fixed by going to bios tho, i just dont understand why it happens but yea your case is interesting, i have a 660 and asus mobo