Computer Build Spot

Cody Simpson

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I am going to be building my very first computer soon and i am wondering where i should build it at. Should i build it on a wooden table, hardwood, or carpet? Also when i finish the build i am going to be placing it on my floor in my room should i get a stand to put it on? Would it light the carpet on fire lol?

Solution
Try to make sure the floor is wood or tile and build it on a wood table. That will lower the chance of ESD.

And get a stand. It's fine on the floor but that also means more dust will enter the system while if you have it higher up it will lower the amount of dust the system will suck in.
Try to make sure the floor is wood or tile and build it on a wood table. That will lower the chance of ESD.

And get a stand. It's fine on the floor but that also means more dust will enter the system while if you have it higher up it will lower the amount of dust the system will suck in.

Solution
Build it on the table with lots of space. Avoid carpeting at all cost.

Once it is built and plugged in it doesn't matter what it sits on. The 3-prong psu power cable keeps the machine grounded.