Opinions on Gaming/Workstation PC Build

BlackSteel97

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hello people!

I'm building a Gaming (First) Workstation (Second) PC and I would like to ask your opinion about the components. Tell me if it's alright or if I should change or add something.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 GTS
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W
Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry LX
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST

This settings are under my budget.
My top budget would be with a second 780Ti and a 1200w PSU.

Well it's compatible but it's definitely overkill.
-I would change the cpu cooler. You can do better than the V8. Consider this Phanteks for a heatsink: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk
Or the Thermaltake AoI: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clw0217
-The Sabertooth is expensive and over-rated. Grab the Asus Z87-A, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H, or ASRock Z87 Extreme4. Those options are plenty for your build and future SLI.
-Stick with 2x4gb of ram. 8gb total is plenty for games.
-You may want a different psu. Cooler Master psus are not the best. Stick with Corsair/Antec/XFX/Seasonic. I know the XFX 850w is on sale for ~$110 after rebate at NCIX.
-You may want a different case. The Thermaltake Chaser isn't that good. Look at the Fractal Design Define R4, NZXT Phantom, or Corsair 750D.

BlackSteel97

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

What about ROG series motherboards? I'm not worried about prices.

Before the Sabertooth I was between Maximus VI Formula (because it's beautiful) and Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 (someone recommended it for the audio). And before those, the Maximus VI Hero

And I think I'll keep with 16GB or RAM, just because it looks pretty. And for ZBrush.

BlackSteel97

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Two, maybe three ASUS VG278H