3 Monitor graphics card budget

gotu308

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Yes i am looking for a PCI-E graphics card that will support up to 3 monitors on a budget of 200 bucks..if ya know of one thanks for the help!

Solution
I'm afraid you simply cannot run 3 monitors on that setup, especially not for gaming. Your video card (the Nvidia GT 520) will probably support 2 monitors, but definitely not 3. It MIGHT be possible to use the integrated video outputs (on the motherboard) simultaneously with the Nvidia video card to output to 3 monitors at the same time, but you will not be able to run games on that configuration, and I would not be able to help you to achieve that, if it is even possible.

A possible solution would be to upgrade the video card, as you asked first. You would then be able to output to 3 monitors simultaneously, but your computer is much too old to be able to play any demanding game on 3 monitors simultaneously. Moreover, with a 200$...

dav_jw

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I'm affraid you will need a lot more power than a 200$ card can provide to run games fluidly on three monitors. What kind of games do you have in mind? Light gaming should not be too problematic, but don't expect to play Battlefield 4 on that setup...

dav_jw

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Alright, those are not too hard to run. Try a 4GB Radeon R9 270X. It might be slightly over you budget, depending on where you will buy. I'm not sure what kind of framerate you will get, however, I couldn't find many benchmarks for multiple monitors on a single card. On Skyrim, maybe around 40 with reduced quality settings (medium-high). On DayZ, I really have no idea.

gotu308

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Okay here is what i have.

HP PAVILION DC7800

core 2 duo 2.33GHz

4gb ram

Nvidia Geforce GT 520 1GB

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100

Also running windows 7

How can i use my Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 to be able to use 3 monitors? Is it possible and if so can you give a detailed explanation plz and thank you!

dav_jw

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I'm afraid you simply cannot run 3 monitors on that setup, especially not for gaming. Your video card (the Nvidia GT 520) will probably support 2 monitors, but definitely not 3. It MIGHT be possible to use the integrated video outputs (on the motherboard) simultaneously with the Nvidia video card to output to 3 monitors at the same time, but you will not be able to run games on that configuration, and I would not be able to help you to achieve that, if it is even possible.

A possible solution would be to upgrade the video card, as you asked first. You would then be able to output to 3 monitors simultaneously, but your computer is much too old to be able to play any demanding game on 3 monitors simultaneously. Moreover, with a 200$ budget, the best video card you could buy would be the one I cited, which would only BARELY be able to achieve playable framerates on recent games using multiple monitors.

So, to answer your question, I do not think you can run 3 monitors using both the integrated card and your Nvidia GT 520. Even if it was possible, you will not be able to play any games on this setup. I hope this answer your questions, even if it does not help you.

Solution