Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

New Graphics Card, Monitor gets no signal.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
January 5, 2014 10:14:56 AM

I have an nvidia GTX280 that I put in my computer, when I boot the card has a green light (so it works, and PSU is 600W it can handle it) and the computer boots up windows like it normally would (No beeps, keyboard lights flash as before and I can hear the welcoming sound windows makes upon start up)the monitor says there is no signal (I am connected via the motherboards VGA out. I know that the card works, I have used it in other builds. When I disconnect the power from the card and boot up everything works fine. I had onboard graphics which I uninstalled the drivers for.

I'd really like to get this working. \it's the only computer I currently have. Thanks!

More about : graphics card monitor signal

January 5, 2014 10:19:08 AM

You have to plug the VGA cable into your card, not the motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2014 10:40:06 AM

Make sure the wires on the power cable haven't come loose/ came out the plug. Make sure the VGA cable is in all the way and monitor is turned on the correct setting. Also make sure the Graphics card is in all the way and supported with the screws in and the clips on etc
m
l
January 5, 2014 10:43:28 AM

mhedas said:
You have to plug the VGA cable into your card, not the motherboard.

Can someone verify this? I've used GPU's through the motherboard VGA out before... ??

3Finnian said:
Make sure the wires on the power cable haven't come loose/ came out the plug. Make sure the VGA cable is in all the way and monitor is turned on the correct setting. Also make sure the Graphics card is in all the way and supported with the screws in and the clips on etc

What monitor settings should I check?
m
l
January 5, 2014 10:44:20 AM

Delta63 said:
I am connected via the motherboards VGA out

Plug the cable in your card not motherboard.

m
l
January 5, 2014 10:47:01 AM

mhedas said:
Delta63 said:

There is no VGA on the card. It's DVI-I. I could get an adapter..

m
l

Best solution

January 5, 2014 11:00:09 AM

Delta63 said:
mhedas said:
Delta63 said:

There is no VGA on the card. It's DVI-I. I could get an adapter..

You have to, otherwise it won't work
January 5, 2014 11:56:38 AM

lol, yep, you should be using the Card as Delta63 said. Your card needs to be able to convert the signal to analogue (VGA)
m
l