Dual Monitor Options

Waititskevin

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hello, I'm new to this forum but have used it various time when looking for options on my build (which has been finalized now I must save up)

I'm sort of at an impasse with how I want to do my dual monitor setup, this rig will be for gaming and my current monitor is a 24inch samsung (I don't know what bit depth of color or if it's LCD, pretty sure it's LCD)

I'm deciding whether I want an Asus monitor with an hdmi or for 10 dollars less do an Acer with DVI (both monitors are 21 inch, I didn't want to get a better monitor because my current and future graphics card will only have 1 hdmi, and I've read that the difference between DVI and DisplayPort is negligible for gaming)

So here is my primary question, and I'm looking for opinions really, not answers

The second monitor in my rig will be strictly for internet surfing, watching youtube/netflix, it'll basically be to entertain me if I'm waiting in a game or give me time to research something if I'm stuck

SO: should I get the Acer and just do everything with 1 OS OR get the Asus, run my MK808 unit on it (I have a separate keyboard and mouse and have enough desk space) and do everything through android apps? the way I see it is I could do my internet stuff app-based and leave my main rig for the gaming

I know for a fact that both my current and future rig could easily handle the multitasking but I'm curious since it's only a $10 difference and I already have a streaming unit with a spare keyboard, so what would you do in this situation?