is it just me or is PC multiplayer that bad?

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
So let me start this off by saying I like PC gaming and don't plan to quit anytime soon. I plan on quiting multiplayer though in favor of a console due to issues I have had in every game I try to play. So first I try to play ghost recon future soldier but there isn't hardly enough players to find matches but I just shrug it off thinking its just this game isn't popular. So I buy battlefield 3 just in time to get battlefield 4 beta which goes great! There's servers I can join and while I don't like 64 players on one map i could actually find games and I could choose to play with less people. The beta ended so I thought id try battlefield 3. Wow what a ghost town. There wasn't a server with enough people to play with that had a ping below 100 most of the times I looked. The one time I did join it was just a hallway 32 on 32 blood match which was awful. I decided I didn't really want battlefield but I wanted a game new enough for people to be playing so I picked up cod ghosts on sale a few weeks ago and it started pretty good. There were enough people in a couple game modes so I was content but then about a forth of the games started getting hackers! Its that often and they truly are hacking its not like the people on Xbox yell hacker when they go against someone good. This was like the guy does a 180, shoots though smoke with a sniper and gets a headshot on the other side of the map right after shooting a guy through a wall.
Have I just had bad luck? There's been no games and/or cheats everywhere look. Even in ghosts I still have to play one of several game modes instead of pick from the dozen due to player count.

Its due to the type of games/community you play with.
Those games (besides recon because nobody played multi to begin with) have peak game times, then plummet until the next game comes out the next year.
Console has the exact same issue.
Games like Starcraft 2 have been running for almost 6 years now, and still have 1.5 million players at any given time. If people get bored of a game they move on to something new, mainstream FPS games have very little player retention so they pump out games. BF bad company 2 had hundreds of servers for years, because it was enjoyable and there was no new game to replace it. BF3 comes along and all the players leave.

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
That's how Xbox is but there's still people to play. There were more people playing cod mw3 (Xbox 360) 3 months after black ops 2 came out than there are people playing cod ghosts on PC at any given time. I understand battlefield not having available servers but having none several times and only one once was odd. I love playing offline on pc but so far the online hasn't even come close to Xbox live

It all depends on the games, modern FPS I would recommend consoles for. Anything single player, RPG, Stategy, MMo, pretty much everything that isnt a mainstream fps, Etc should only be played on pc. (I shouldnt say only but its a better experience)

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Dota 2? Where'd you pull that suggestion from? It doesn't look like a shooter or first person. Its everything I hate. Overhead, bad graphics, SciFi magic type thing. Sorry but that's a no go. And actually they are hacking. Just Google call of duty ghosts hackers pc and watch some YouTube videos of examples. I like to think myself a pretty good player with some experience and what they were doing was not possible. One game a guy had I think 55 kills and every one was two shots from a sniper and if you watched the kill cam you could see him just sitting there and then all of a sudden move to a blind spot and shoot through a wall. dead on kill. that was every kill cam that game be it a wall or smoke or just on the other side of the map. He would do 180 kills like that too. Now since there are confirmed hackers and I have played call of duty a lot with better than average players and never saw anything like this on Xbox, the logical assumption is they hacked. Sorry for the long post but my pet peeve on Xbox was people saying others would hack when they were just good.

Thanks for the unreal tournament suggestion but I just can't seem to like most SciFi shooters.