Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Corsair Carbide 500r have noisy fan´s?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
Share
January 6, 2014 10:01:54 AM

i need advice of people who have this case, i heard than is a good case, but im not sure about the 200mm fan on the lateral grid. thanks
January 6, 2014 12:50:28 PM

the fans on the HAF cases are loud too and the one used on the antec breaks.

if you dial back the fan rpm with a fan controller you shouldnt have any trouble and you can buy replacement 200mm fans in case it was too loud. most case fans they give to you with cases arent all that great normally.

no i dont have this case myself. i've got a corsair 800d. just working off of general case knowledge from years of building pcs.
m
0
l
January 7, 2014 7:45:07 PM

ssddx said:
the fans on the HAF cases are loud too and the one used on the antec breaks.

if you dial back the fan rpm with a fan controller you shouldnt have any trouble and you can buy replacement 200mm fans in case it was too loud. most case fans they give to you with cases arent all that great normally.

no i dont have this case myself. i've got a corsair 800d. just working off of general case knowledge from years of building pcs.


what about the case nzxt 410 phantom mid tower, is better than this one(corsair) ?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 7, 2014 7:56:16 PM

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4972/corsair-carbide-500r...

its probably not the fans as much as it is the case just being alot more open and ventilated than others.

open cases with good fans are more noisy but keep temps low which is good. closed up cases might be silent but cooling isnt all that great.

i dont see a problem with the 500r. where exactly did you hear about it being noisy?
Share
January 7, 2014 8:03:48 PM

ssddx said:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4972/corsair-carbide-500r...

its probably not the fans as much as it is the case just being alot more open and ventilated than others.

open cases with good fans are more noisy but keep temps low which is good. closed up cases might be silent but cooling isnt all that great.

i dont see a problem with the 500r. where exactly did you hear about it being noisy?


i just was wondering :D  haha. thanks for your answers mate

m
0
l
January 7, 2014 8:07:38 PM

oh... dont forget to have good wire management in your new case as well.

bad wire management can cause some more noise :) 

example of good wire management (yeah its one i did a few hours ago)

http://postimg.org/gallery/78slmoca/
m
0
l
January 7, 2014 8:17:04 PM

ssddx said:
oh... dont forget to have good wire management in your new case as well.

bad wire management can cause some more noise :) 

example of good wire management (yeah its one i did a few hours ago)

http://postimg.org/gallery/78slmoca/


is that your pc? well played, it seems very nice one :D 
m
0
l
January 7, 2014 8:20:06 PM

no... its for a relative. she wanted a replacement for her old (dust bunny infested) dual core which was slow. for $413 i dont think its too bad at all with an a10-5800k, decent fm2 motherboard with usb3, 8gb 1866 ram, 80gb ssd and 430w modular psu.

everything is up and working fine :) 

i'm a bit picky on wire management as you can tell. in my own personal case the wires go behind the motherboard tray. this case is too small and doesnt have any space back there so i did the best i could. dont be afraid to use plenty of wire ties/zip ties and those litlte wire holders like on the bottom are stick on and work great
m
0
l
January 7, 2014 8:42:03 PM

ssddx said:
no... its for a relative. she wanted a replacement for her old (dust bunny infested) dual core which was slow. for $413 i dont think its too bad at all with an a10-5800k, decent fm2 motherboard with usb3, 8gb 1866 ram, 80gb ssd and 430w modular psu.

everything is up and working fine :) 

i'm a bit picky on wire management as you can tell. in my own personal case the wires go behind the motherboard tray. this case is too small and doesnt have any space back there so i did the best i could. dont be afraid to use plenty of wire ties/zip ties and those litlte wire holders like on the bottom are stick on and work great


whos she? :D , well i see. thanks for your help dude :D 
m
0
l
!