Missing CPU from NEWEGG

derekc5475

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I got my i5 3570k replaced under newegg's replacement policy. I just received it less than 10 minutes ago. Keep in mind that I NEVER had any shipping problems with newegg before and they have treated me well as a customer.

I opened the box and the CPU was not there. All that was left was the fan. So the first thing that I thought was hmm did newegg send me my old box back (thinking I forgot to put the CPU in), but looking at the tamper proof sticker I knew it was not my old box since this one was sliced clean compared to me brute forcing it out of excitement.

I was curious and began to investigate the box. What I found was:

1. The Tamper proof sticker was sliced clean

2. The box tape on the side of the box was sliced.

3. One slide of the box was teared out.

In conclusion, "too long didn't read"
Received a replacement CPU from newegg, but was stolen from the box.
Now I don't know who to talk to.
ra2fro.jpg

20ud7h2.jpg

Solution
D
Immediately notify UPS ( I assume was the shipper ) and newegg both.

On another note, how did you kill the first CPU? Getting a dead CPU is like winning the lottery odds.
D

Deleted member 217926

Immediately notify UPS ( I assume was the shipper ) and newegg both.

On another note, how did you kill the first CPU? Getting a dead CPU is like winning the lottery odds.

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

Good luck. Keep me informed of what happens if you will. It might be useful to know how they treat this at some point.

D

Deleted member 217926

Since the box was opened I am pretty sure it will be a UPS issue.

derekc5475

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Received this response from Newegg:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have submitted a shipping claim on your behalf. It will take 3-5 business days for us to process the claim, and you will receive a confirmation email once the claim is closed. The refund will be posted onto your original payment method within 3-5 business days once your claim has been processed. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hi derekc5475,

We are very sorry to see this happened; we are glad, however, to see that a claim has been initiated. If you need further assistance, please email us to Wecare@newegg.com. We will be happy to assist you.

Newegg Support

D

Deleted member 217926

Wow. Once again newegg customer service impresses. I really thought UPS would be liable as the box was obviously tampered with. Personally I would call your local UPS office and tell a supervisor what happened as well.

Edit:
Lol and yes I posted this before I saw the post above.