First Computer Build! Need feedback!

noahrhino

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hello everybody! This is my list of parts for my computer rig with explanations on why I am getting them. The main reason why I am posting this is so that I could get any feedback about it.

The main use for this computer is going to be gaming and video editing/rendering/etc. I wanted to go a little crazy and so far I'm loving the idea of this build.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Newegg)

I chose the i7 because I wanted Hyperthreading (for rendering and video editing). I will OC and I hope to get to at lest 4ghz. Other than that it seems like a great CPU for me.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Since I'm going to OC I wanted to get something to help with the heat. Main reason why I got the h100i is because I wanted to take advantage of Corsair Link. I'm still looking but so far this is what I like.

Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste ($9.99 @ Newegg)

Thermal Paste, good reviews, will do for me. Not much to say about this :D

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)

I chose this case because It is a good price at first, and second it has great OC abilities since it has a good chip set, It has the amount of PCI slots I need and other than that It seems to do the job for me. I might change this but I like it so far.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)

By now you should be able to tell I love corsair, but anyway 16gb will help for rendering, and its plenty for gaming. It has pretty good reviews so all together a good product.

Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($114.99 @ Amazon)

I defiantly wanted to have an SSD and 128 gigs should do as a boot drive and a drive for games/programs. Great reviews for this product so I like it.

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($129.99 @ Newegg)

Good price for a 3TB drive, will do me forever I'm hoping, good price and I've seen plenty of these in builds.

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card ($405.91 @ Newegg)

This is the main beast of this machine, It looks amazing, 4GB Vram, and 1.1ghz clock speed. It should be able to run BF4 at hopefully at least 60FPS. This looks to me like a beast.

Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal ATX Full Tower Case ($179.98 @ Newegg)

I am in love with this case. Looks beast but not to crazy. Has plenty of customization options with both cooling and the drive bays. Completely love this.

Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I'm going with it for now. It has 80+ Bronze, enough wattage (a little overkill, but I want to upgrade later on). It works with Corsair Link and has a cool LED fan. Also not to mention a good price.

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)

Cheap, reads and writes, will do.

Other than that, I'm going to buy some LED fans from corsair for the case, maybe some led's and fan controllers.

I still need a new keyboard, mouse, and headphones. Would love if you guys could give me some suggestions.

That's really it! Thanks for reading and feedback would be greatly appreciated!