Motherboard with 802.11ac WiFi? What?

jester070993

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I came across this motherboard for a new gaming build I am going to put together (which is going to be in HTPC form factor), so I am trying to get a mini-ITX case, which is my first choice.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128663 I was trying to get something with WiFi built in, so this looked like a good choice, but I never heard of 802.11ac WiFi? What type of wifi is this, and would it work with my 802.11 b/g/n router?
Also, if anyone recommends good, budget motherboards for a small gaming rig, let me know (no more than 70-ish dollars, 75/80 dollars at most. I am open to mini ATX motherboards as a second choice, but mini-ITX is a better size for me. Also, if I can't find one with wifi build it, would anyone recommend a wifi adapter if they know of any.

The 802.11ac will work with your router. The motherboard you chose is a perfect one for you as on newegg it has a wifi card and is itx, both things you need. If you want, there is an ASRock one without a wifi card for $100, then with the extra you can buy a USB wifi card. Both good options it's just what suits you best

jester070993

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008

Alright, I figured I'd go with this motherboard since it has the Wifi built in so why not. Got good reviews also. Just needed to make sure that it will for sure work with 802.11 b/g/n, which is great.

All will work and since it suits you, a great choice. Enjoy your new motherboard

Latest posts