New router for Comcast

ptr1959w

Honorable
May 29, 2012
What is a good router that I can connect to with Comcast? Also does comcast have a wifi connection? Any help is greatly appreaciated. Thanks in Advance.

LAST_MAN

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
did they give you the Arris router? or just a cable modem with 1 ethernet port?
Cha

You can buy almost any router and its going to work fine, I tried getting a new gateway from comcast but they wanted to charge me for shipping, I just bought my own.

having your own is better because

1. You own it
2. You have the power
3. You change all the settings that you want
4. In case you move or get a different ISP you don't have to change passwords and settings.
5. Comcast Equipment sucks, not just that but they are charging you every month $8 , buy an used cable modem THAT IS COMPATIBLE with Comcast (check their website or call tech support) . You will save you money after 6 months.

To your wifi question, Comcast routers do have a WIFI connection, but the one on my router fails so bad, thats why I tried getting a new modem, but I just bought my own. Basically I have 2 routers.. I can't even turn off the WIFI for the comcast gateway, Papa Comcast does not want you to be able to turn off your own wifi.

Hope this answers your questions.. :) and no I don't hate Comcast, I have Internet 24/7, great speed and great price, their hardware however, sucks BIG TIME.

Oh and if you buy it, try using several ethernet ports because 1 or 2 fail sometimes...