System restart randomly

vlada93

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
I got a new pc before about 3 months,I must to say that's my first build so I am not an expert...The problem with restarting started copple days ago,the system just randomly restarts and I get black screen with my hardware configuration and messange on the bottom
"Power supply surges detected during the previus power on."
"ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!"
"Press F1 to Run SETUP"
I also noticed that when I shut down my pc on the button on tower case,my pc shut down then automaticly turn on again after 2-3 seconds(I noticed that on the PC's first run"
My hardware configuration is:
MB: ASUS Z87-PRO
CPU: Intel i5 4670k
RAM: KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX
GPU: Nvidia 9600GT 1Gb
Power Supply: I got it with tower case "Cooler Master Elite 430" i dont know correct name of PS only thing what write is RS-500PCAP-l3.
I also got 2HDDs,DVD-RW and 4fans in case.
I am at stress, I've been saving for a long time to buy new pc.Help me please :)

Blood181

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2014
To me it sounds like you may have overly high power consumption for the 430w. You figure the I5 is using 85w~ then you have mobo/gpu/HDD's/Fans etc.. I would entertain maybe a 550w or to be safe / future proof look into a 650watt. If you go into your computer / manage and the event viewer was is the critical error you are getting? Maybe we can shed some light onto what may be happening.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Rarely in IT do you get an error that actually tells you exactly what the problem is. You sir are a lucky man.

"Power supply surges detected during the previus power on."
"ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!"

Does that not answer your question?

markaflias

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
If I remeber right you can turn off anti surge off in the bios but i dont recommend doing this , do you live in an area where electricity is not stable ?

IN my opinion your psu is getting short on power or is not stable for your build . Does this when you play and / or your system is semi/full load ?

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
That case comes with a budget 500w cooler master PSU, they are average at best. I wouldn't expect one to be faulty within 3 months but did you get the case new? Or second hand. Either way I think you need a new PSU suggest 500w + say the XFX 550w.

vlada93

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Wow thanks for the fast answers :)
Blood181 here the image of critical errors
yxf6.png

It's all new only the gpu and 1 HDD is from old pc

@ markaflias moustly happend when I play Aion online and yes I live in Serbia... I had copple desktops beafore(ddr1-ddr2 configurations) never had problem with electricity beafore

vlada93

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
I am aware that I must buy new power supply and probbobly some UPS...Just I didnt plan it atm I was hopeing it will work steadily...If i continue runing it with this power supply is there any chance that I could kill MB or CPU?

Blood181

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2014
A chance? Possible as if it is surging then possibly. Is it likely? No. Bettet safe than sorry. Also check the bios as stated abov3 might be a setting you can change to disable that.