Building a pc, worried about cooling.

Nick857

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Hello,

I am building a gaming pc and i am worried about the cooling on some parts.
Will i need extra cooling for my gtx 780ti and my ram (kingston hyperx beast 2x8gb).
Also i have a i7 4770k which i will oc to around ~4.5, with an Noctua nh-d14 cpu cooler (Will this cooler handle the oc?)
The case is a Thermaltake level 10 gt full tower.
Motherboard is asus maximus VI extreme.
I am planning to use it for gaming and video editing.

Thanks

Nick857

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I think there are more than enough on the case.The Sniper is good memory, but i already ordered the hyperx beast.Any suggestions about the video card cooling?

Just put fan to case floor or side. 120-140mm is fine. Then you can low cideo card fan down with msi afterburner.

Nick857

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Alright.... Thanks!

jb6684

Distinguished
The case plays a BIG role in cooling. That said I see no way you'll have cooling problems in that case. Or, if you temps get too high in a specific area you can Easily just pop an fan (or a fan that moves more air) into that area.

Just put the system together and measure temps, then, tweak as necessary.....

NOTE: Your 4770k OC to 4.5Ghz is the only thing that your intentionally "making" hotter. So, as you work toward you OC goal, simply improve cooling along the way to keep temps in-line. (i.e. you won't get "stuck without a system" waiting for parts due to OC'ing, just have to wait a bit to go faster....)