How much would you pay for this laptop please say which currence :)

How much would you pay in USD?

• Total voters

crabpattie

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
How much would you buy this laptop for and please say which currency :)
HP pavillion dv6
Video card: Nvidia gt630m 2gb
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @
2.50GHz, 2494 MHz boost to 3.2GHz
fingerprint (hptouchsmart) ready
4GB ram
16 inch 1366x768 720p display
Webcam
4 usb slots
wifi enabled
hdmi slot
444gb hdd
beats audio
in average condition with few very minor chips on the paint near trackpad, one 1 inch scratch on back and a chip near the power plug in spot (does not ruin the adapter or the plugging jak)
Im wanting to sell it so I need some feed back on how much I should price it at

cons:
its a second generation intel i5 mobile whis is rather old (we are now on the fourth generation).
its an older 6xx series mobile video card which while not terrible for the time was never top end.
4gb of memory is rather low for todays standards and while useable isnt really a plus (most new systems run 8gb+)
it is only a 1366x768

pros:
windows 7 professional
from what i can tell it had usb3 ports

---

generally the trending for brand new is... in US dollars.

$450 gets you an i5 (or amd equivalent) with integrated graphics
$750 gets you an i5 or i7 (or amd equivalent) with a dedicated graphics card.

so i would guess the value (considering it was bought new) was around $650-700 considering a best deal scenario at time of purchase. a good rule of thumb that ive seen is: initial cost minus 10% right off the bat. then for every month (up to 6mo) subtract 5% of initial value. then for every 6mo after subtract 10% of initial value. assuming 700 initial.... its 630 off the bat then due to its age (assuming 2 years old) it would be worth only 30% original value which is about $210. you might be able to get $300 maybe since models with an actual video card arent available for super cheap (unless buying a used comptuer) but i think asking for $450-750 is just plain crazy. dont forget you are also competing with all of the other used laptops out there on the market as well.

personally i always use an easier calculation which is 15-20% drop every 6 months which would still bring you down to $280 if its 2 years old. the only thing which ages worse than computer technology is used cars. prices drop like stones.