no audio from my tv to pc using 3.5mm jack

zombiekinganthony

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Hi all ive tried setting my pc and tv up so i can watch movies on my tv from my pc
connected the male vga cable directlty to the blue connector point right next to the pc monitor connection, i have a sony bravia tv, when i select pc i get the visaul i choose main monitor all is good so far i start watching a film using div x or vlc player, there is no sound from the tv just the pc speakers, so i got a 3.5mm cable plugged it into the pc port where it fits said pc only input for it
i have green light red connectors on the back of my pc, unplugged the pc speakers which was the green port plugged in the 3.5mm jack point there was still no sound so i went into playback devices and enabled spidf and the green symbols where showing sound but no sound was coming from the tv speakers
i even went into bios changed hdmi audio to spidf there was no change,
no hdmi port on my pc used a vga to hdmi connector joined up to my hdmi splitter and i got no sound or picture but my nvidia control panel recognised mty sony tv?? as you can see ive tried both options
running vista a nvida 610 2gb gpu
sorry for the essay any help would be appreciated
Anthony

zombiekinganthony

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

the red white yellow connectors under the s video port and headphone jack in port do you mean
any idea why the 3.5mm jack didnt do the job?
tjhanks again