My computer randomly restarts and freezes

rus4u

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Hi all,
I've got ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo with 8GB of Partiot RAM and lately I am experiencing this problem:
My computer randomly freezes all the time if I am using Firefox - keyboard and mouse freeze as well and there is nothing I can do, just a force PC restart :( tried to run Firefox without addons, tried installing a different version - didn't help.
Also lately my computer started restarting with Blue Screen of Death(or similar) when even using Firefox
I’ve tried to reset all components like RAM, Video Card, Sound Card, CPU – nothing helps
I have created last 24 hours logs in Event Viewer, please have a look for me and help
https://app.box.com/s/ocil0m02fb0zsud4cifk
Thinking it’s the motherboard RAM slots which can be faulty, am I right?
P.S. but I ran MemTest86 and that came up with no error but does it check the RAM sticks itself or motherboard slots as well?

OverclockingGamer

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
That could be manny things, but try to use internet explorer or google chrome in a couple of days and check if that fix it. Firefox have crashed my laptop alot of times, and when i swithced to google chrome it stoped crashing. Also check your cpu speeds and cpu temprature, that can cause bluescreens. And if that don't work, than you should test your ram individually to see if one of them are unstable.

mattck

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
First disable hardware acceleration in Firefox and see if that helps (mostly happens with Ati cards), even without add-ons it was happening to me.

rus4u

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014

thanks