FX-4100 Simple Overclocking

ca1nam

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Hey all
I am very new to overclocking and changing BIOS settings. I have read a few threads and decided I want to try my hand at overclocking, but I am not aiming to go to the very extreme; I like to play it safe.
Now, I already have an aftermarket cooler, the Hypermaster EVO 212 so my cooling should be sufficient, and I was wondering if I can reach 4.2ghz by only changing the multiplier and leaving everything else alone like the voltages and such.
4.2 is my goal, maybe sliiiiiightly higher, but I am just trying to get a little bit of an increase in CPU performance for CS:GO framerate.
Again, my cooling should be more than fine I hope, and I only want to overclock simply by messing with the multiplier, wanting to avoid touching other settings like voltages (unless of course I absolutely have to to meet this minimal 4.2 goal of mine) to not destroy my chip or computer etc.
Thanks for anyone's help in advance

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD FX-4100 ZAMBEZI 3.6 GHZ
GAMING SERIES CORSAIR 600W PSU

I got to 4.2 on mine before changing voltages, but you have a cheaper motherboard. Set it to 4.0 and run Prime95 for 4 hours, if it doesn't crash increase it to 4.1 and repeat. Make sure to monitor temperatures, it shouldn't get above 75c.