Best LED fans for Corsair 600T

Fliggle_Slaps

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hi guys, yesterday I found my front fan in my 600T case had stopped working and after plugging it direct to the motherboard and solving the problem, it got me thinking I'd like to replace the fans.

Ignore the fact that there was a problem (it's a controller problem), what I'm looking for are two 200mm fans and a 120mm fan, preferably with blue LEDs.
The first problem is that I don't think you can replace the top 200mm fan because only a 200x20mm fan will fit (or am I wrong?). I couldn't find any 200x200x20 fans to replace that one, so I guess I'll just be replacing the front 200 and the rear 120.

So onto the front 200mm. From what I can tell, the best 2 choices are either the CoolerMaster Megaflow or the BitFenix Spectre Pro LED. Do you guys have a recommendation on either? I'm leaning toward the Megaflow since it's almost 50% quieter.

Now for the 120mm at the back, I'm not sure what I want to go with. I'm thinking about the Spectre Pro LED (same link as above), but from googling around a bit there seem to be a lot of options and I'm a little overwhelmed... Anyone have any good recommendations for a blue LED 120mm fan?

Looking forward to any responses, I'm getting a bit excited now that I'm started to do even minor PC mods :p

Fliggle_Slaps

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Just to chuck in a bit more, I might replace the top 200mm fan with two 120mm fans, but now I've just discovered positive and negative airflow so I'll have to consider the CFM of each fan as I'll be aiming for a positive airflow.

Fliggle_Slaps

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Thanks Doligic, I forgot to mention that I would prefer the more quiet fans that still have a nice CFM.

I think at the moment I'd prefer no higher than 25dB. I'm hoping to eventually get into overclocking, so really while I have all my hardware at stock speeds I'm heading more towards quiet and looks instead of performance. If I do get into overclocking, I'll jump into liquid cooling which will be exciting!

Fliggle_Slaps

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
OK so I've been looking around all day and found a couple of things.
Firstly, BitFenix is no longer an option, I realized it's hard to find any good comments about the Spectre Pros among the sea of bad comments.
Secondly, I can't find a combination of Cooler Master fans (I'd rather stick to all one brand for a couple of reasons) without using more than 4 fans.
The third is it's annoyingly difficult to get a positive airflow in the Corsair Graphite 600T case without adding more intake fans on the optional side mesh...

So here's the problem, how do I get a positive intake with just the front, top and rear. The only idea I could come up with (since my motherboard, Asus Sabertooth Z77 supports 4 optional fan controllers and I'd rather not plug directly into the PSU) is this:

Front: 2x Aerocool Shark Fan 120mm Blue Edition [Power Mode]
Top: 1x Aerocool Silent Master 200mm Blue LED Fan
Rear: 1x Aerocool Air Force 120mm Blue Edition

Intake = 165.2 CFM
Exhaust = 128.65 CFM

What do you think? I'll probably go with this because I'm really struggling to think of anything else. But also, does anyone see anything wrong with this setup? I pretty much did all my learning in one day so chances are there's something I'm missing.

EDIT: Not sure why the links don't work, but they should be easy to google :/

Joestein

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
How did that setup work out for you? It's amazing, I was looking for the same thing for my 600t and happened across your thread. I also have that Sabertooth. Did you ever fix the controller? Mine stopped working a few days after i got it. :/

Fliggle_Slaps

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

I ended up going with the CoolerMaster Megaflow on the front, which I'm pretty happy with. Moves air and is pretty quiet since I have it spinning slowish.
At some point I got the Corsair H100i for the top, just sticking the the stock fans. Loud when the PC turns on and noticeable when running.
Can't even remember what rear fan I got, it's one of these 3:
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/blue-led-silent-fan-120mm/
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/sickleflow-120-2000rpm-blue-led/
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/sickleflow-x-blue-led/

Never have any temp issues, even though only the rear 120 is blowing out.

Never even tried to do anything about the controller, decided to just plug direct to the mobo. I eventually decided what I think a lot of people are thinking, less LED fans and a couple of internal case LEDs seem the best way to go. I'd love to switch to only the front Megaflow being LED then the inside lit up by case LEDs. Always dreaming, never spending...