Is the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition blu-ray worth it?

combine1237

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I have always been curious about the extended versions of the movie, and how they relate to the books. I recently found the extended edition on sale, and am wondering if anyone has experience with them and would say if it is worth it if you are a fan of the books and already own the regular standard definition dvds.

Its on sale for 43 USD after tax and shipping with promo code.

Link:

http://www.wbshop.com/product/lord+of+the+rings+trilogy+bd+extended+edition+1000150857.do

combine1237

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for your response, I am probably going to cave in and get it, but is the green tint rumor true? I have heard of the green tint over the hd extended version of the FOTR. Do you know of this, and is it really that bad? Also, is there a way to fix this through editing?

D

Deleted member 217926

This is a slow area of the forums so sorry for the late post.

I have the extended editions on regular DVD and Blu Ray. I also got the blu ray on sale at the WB shop they have some great deals but are slow at shipping sometimes. Waiting on Deadwood the complete series to finally be shipped from them right now. It was only $64 and that's about $50 cheaper than I had ever seen it.

The extended editions are absolutely needed if you are a fan of the books. They add 20-45 minutes per movie and really add most of the parts left out of the books although you really have to be a reader to notice. Being I had read the books probably 10 times each before they ever talked about any movies ( I'm almost 40 ) I really appreciated just how much the extended editions add.

I have had no problems with the blu ray picture at all. Looks great on my Sony blu ray player and Samsung 55' TV.