Samsung evo 840 750gb

Xraii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
So I bought this evo about 2 weeks ago for a build that I just made and installed it along with everything else. Once I benchmarked it, I got this.

BeZwwOt.png

The reads seem to be ok, but the the writes appear to be way below. I am running AHCI and using sata 3. I also used Samsung's performance optimization and set it to "maximum performance" but that didn't help. At this point I am beginning to think that i got unlucky and got a bad unit. Is there anything else I should try before trying to rma?

cpu = i7 4820k
motherboard = gigabyte x79-up4
ram = ripjaw z 4x4gb
graphics = gtx 770

Your motherboard has 6 SATA 3 (6Gb/s) ports. Make sure your SSD is connected to one of the 2 Intel 6Gb/s ports.

If the SSD is connected to port SATA3_0 then connect it to SATA3_1 and retest.
If the SSD is connected to port SATA3_1 then connect it to SATA3_0 and retest.

Xraii

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

I have tried both sata 3 ports now and still have the same results. I have tried a different sata cable as well and still the same thing. I tried a different ssd just now and it seems to be performing normally.

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like something is wrong with your drive. Your Random Writes should definitely not be as low as 4901.
Under "OS Optimization" try the other 3 tabs and see what results you get under each, but it looks like you're going to have to rma.