CPU-Z displaying high core speed with no overclock

I was getting ready to overclock my CPU so I downloaded a bunch of utilities, including CPU-Z.

I have an Intel Core i5 750 2.6Ghz

I ran the program to determine initial performance values *before I did any overclocking*.

CPU-Z is displaying my core speed at ~3830Mhz. As I said, my CPU is stock at 2.6Ghz. And the core speed never dips below 3800Mhz. I haven't done any overclocking.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CPU-Z. I attached a screenshot as well in case I'm missing something, which is entirely possible because I am new to this. Thank you!
2 answers Last reply
More about cpu displaying high core speed overclock
  1. Don't know why but that's not normal! especially when you see your core voltage at 0.912V..
    I'm also face problems using CPU-Z: I don't trust the voltage indicator.. I'm overclocking but the core voltage gives me: idle switching between 1.136V and 1.156 and at prime95 full load switching between 1.12 and 1.136.. ?
  2. heads up! read another thread about CPU-Z and there semes to be a bug with the Core Voltage read.. !
    and Turbo goes to 3.2GHz, not 3.8? So there could be a bug to in CPU-Z about the frequency!
Ask a new question

Read More

Core Speed CPUs