Monitor gets choppy while watching Youtube videos

pacotacobell

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
So basically, on every Youtube video I watch on virtually all resolutions, the video goes wonky. There are lines across the entire video. They aren't black lines or any kind of color, it's more like a part of the video screen got distorted and moved to the right. In the best way I can explain, it's like my monitor is trying to keep up with the frame rate the video is running at. It reminds me a lot of video previewing in Sony Vegas, it's quite odd. I tried running a few tests with different videos on my computer, particularly a blu-ray disc and then a video on my hard drive I didn't have any problems like this so I'm guessing this is mainly a browser problem. I have a 10mbps speed so it can't be an internet issue. It happens on both of my monitors if that helps at all. This is extremely annoying seeing as I was just watching videos on my cousin's Mac and it was completely fine.

Here is my build, I have two of the same monitors in the list, not just one:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pacotacoshell/saved/21rq

pacotacobell

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

I tried turning off the acceleration and it's still the same. Though I have no idea how to activate 3D mode. Where do I go to do that?

pacotacobell

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Just did on IE and Mozilla, same thing.

Did both just now and it's still the same. Tried out the stats for nerds thing and some interesting stuff came up.

Copypasta:
timestamp seconds 121.185
1280x720, 0 average kbps, 41% volume
TagStreamPlayer, HTTP, 1875 kbps
10 stage fps, 24 video fps, 590 dropped, 0 kbps
accelerated video rendering, software video decoding
NaN db, 1 audio factor

This is the second run through of the video, the first one had over 3k dropped frames...So confused as to why this is happening.

TRENDING THREADS