PC for adobe after effects, premiere, some gaming (not hardcore).

AMD or INTEL

• AMD 6***

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD 8320

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • AMD 8350

• Intel i3

• Intel i5

• Intel i7

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Intel i7 extreme

• Intel xeon

• Total voters

redh4t

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am going to build a PC. Budget is to 2000$. Main purpose of the machine is to handle multimedia work, play some games (not hardcore gaming, just some times .. ) and to be overall fast. I am familiar building PC my self, just do not know what exactly should i invest more for this purpose of PC. And yes, no overclocking is intended. This PC would not be for me, for a girl who works for designing company, plays some games maybe, got tired of 4years old laptop and want fast PC for her to last some years. She thinks of it as investment to future work.

Despite her budget, she is willing to spend 2000$. I think it would be kind a overkill.. Am i right? Sure it could cost less, why to spend more to have same result .. or just do not feel any major difference.

Secondly - CPU. I am thinking of putting AMD in the rig. Like 8320 or 8350. As i know ADOBE can take advantage of 8 core and those CPU's will fit there perfectly. Sure do i except most of you will suggest i7, but do i really need to spend more money to get i7? Do i? Please be gentle and do not make this thread AMD vs INTEL war.

Then GPU. I am thinking of R9 270X, it would be more than enaugh for gaming needs, and my work with graphics. What do you think? There is nVidia 760, but it is 21% more expensive in my country. So 270X would be more bang for buck for sure. Or should i invest more in graphics card? like 770 or even more? I mean gaming is not my priority, sure i play them sometimes maybe, but PC purpose is for work with graphical design. No 3D rendering, i do not need professional firepro or quadro as i understand, just tell me what you think.

RAM. Should i need more than 8GB? And do programs like ADOBE take advantage of faster RAM like 2400mhz vs 1600mhz? I know in games it has no difference (except with APU), but in this build would it?

STORAGE. I am more than sure to get SSD, thinking about 128GB SSD + 4TB HHD or something like that.

Case, MB, PSU .. i will took last, i do not need many USB ports or some fancy OC settings or any ports or anything fancy. Really no crossfire or SLI. Just solid workstation for graphics design, no 3D professional rendering work and no hardcore gaming.

Anyway, feel free to express your self, i am willing to listen. Thank you.

mastrom101

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
You can definitely spend less than 2K.

My suggestion would be the 8320 with a solid cooler unless you can find an 8350 at a similar price. It's a much better value than the i7.

the 270X is a good choice for casual gaming.

I would choose 16 GB of RAM. Look for CAS 9 RAM that's at least 1600 MHz.

An SSD and a 7200RPM Hard Drive would be a great choice.

Corsair 200R is a simple but effective case. Corsair also makes great power supplies.

Hope i helped.

TRENDING THREADS