Overclocking Palit GTX 650Ti OC 1GB

Tofifi

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a Palit GTX 650Ti OC 1GB graphics card. I was thinking about overclocking it a little but I have some questions since I don't really have experience with that sort of thing.

Will it be a problem to overclock it since it's a little overclocked by default?
Is it worth doing or the overclock possibilities / performance increase is too insignificant?
I have a Corsair VS 450W PSU. Will that be a problem? If it matters these are my other specs:
Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz (no overclocking)
RAM 2x4GB 1600Mhz

I am worried not to explode my computer during the OC process. Will GPU overclock require more power after?
Is there a way to prevent that by maybe limiting the power usage during the overclocking?
From stock it says that the card requires 400W PSU, never had problems.

So if in general it's possible to do, please give me some advice or settings how to do it.

Tenvis

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Your PSU is kinda 'not good'. Anyways, OC'ing that 650Ti OC is kinda hard (Cooling solutions). Overclocking is all about trials and errors so you might not want your card to burn in hell. Best way to do is to configure it in the bios. BEFORE YOU DO THIS, check the temps of the GPU. If it exceeds at 50ºC (idle mode), Don't overclock it. Cards like these aren't good at overclocking (If you don't have a good ventilation/cooling). To sum it up, Before doing the overclocking, make sure you're ready to take up the consequences. Raising the speed of the card also means raising its consumption of power that shortens it's lifespan. Good luck :D