GPU for a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

Richxrd

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hello there. First I have to say I'm new on the forum and I'm not an expert about PCs. (Surely not, if I were, wouldn't be asking) so please excuse me if I make a mistake.

Recently I got a PC with the following caracteristics:

System Model: Intel DG41TY
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB DDR2

The thing is that I'm not sure which GPU I should get. I know that it depends of the purposes and the budget. I mainly want it for gaming with some decent graphics or if possible with the best settings to get the best game experience (obviously depending of game requirements) and game like MW3, GTA IV, upcoming GTA V and BF4. About the price something less than 300US$.

Now, I've been reading some articles and info saying that GPU performance could be limited by the CPU if it capacity is less, but I don't know how to evaluate if the processor can support the GPU, so I want to get one that suits to processor.

I appreciate all answers, opinions and info that you can give me.

Dom_79

Distinguished
Your system will be limited by three things so far as what you have listed.

1.You CPU is at the low end of what those games require (so "decent settings" will have to be on a smaller resolution monitor, not 1920x1080 and nothing above medium graphics- for GTA V and BF4 probably low)

2. While you do have enough ram (8 GB is plenty) it is unfortunately DDR2 (hopefully at least 800MHz, if 667 then...) This will hold back much processing and communication to whatever GPU you may install.

3. While you did not list it I would assume a system with the components you have listed would have a PSU no greater than 300W and be somewhat old. This will limit what GPU you can install and run.

And I'm not trying to diminish your system but if you are looking to play games like GTA V and BF4 with the best settings (or close to them with decent FPS) then you would probably want to get a significantly better system. I'm not saying there is nothing that can be done with this one but for the performance you are seeking, it is not going to be possible without at least a new PSU and GPU (and even then it will only be near- medium settings with 30- 40 FPS max @ 1024x780 resolution)