Battlefield 4 stuttering, could it be RAM ??

Baker Tarabein

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
i have an Asus X550VB, specs :

i5 3230m

nVidia GT 740m

4gb DRR3 of ram (1600 MHz)

windows 8.1 ( everything is up to date including nvidia drivers)

the game runs 30-45 fps at medium settings, but sometimes it starts to stutter specially when i have some other programs opened. cpu is good as far as i know and the gpu can handle the game at medium settings ( notice that sometimes when heavy graphical events accure like smoking and explosions it doesnt lag at all and sometimes when nothing is going on like walking down the stairs in Openration Locker the games stutters.... its happens very often) i tried cpu unparking, it did help a little but its still there, i watched pc performance while playing it shows averages of : 90-95% cpu 3.6/3.8 GB ram and disk is 100% almost constant all the time..... i read in some sites that ram can cause stuttering but i wanted to make sure that its the problem im willing to buy a 2GB DDR3 1600 MHz ram (which i think is good enough in my case).... but could it possible be the cpu or HDD ?

Thank You.

KillerGamer

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
It is most likely the RAM. Does your laptop support additional RAM? If yes then install additional RAM. 8GB would be nice. However, you are getting reasonable fps and I wouldn't expect much from any laptop.