Problem with Asus monitor, No signal

hillyhill32

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I have an issue with my monitor (Asus MX279h) displaying 'no signal'. I know that the monitor was working fine but now it has suddenly decided to not display anything from my pc and is just giving the no signal screen. The monitor is working fine on another computer so I am pretty sure it hasn't broken, and my pc is displaying fine on a different monitor so I don't think it would be to do with the pc.
Things you probably want to know:
I am using a GTX 770 graphics card to connect to the display.
I am connecting using a HDMI - HDMI lead.
I haven't changed anything on pc or anything about how it is set up recently so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Recently the monitor was having a bit of trouble and showed the no signal screen but after i turned it on and off it picked up the signal just fine as was working as intended.
I really am not sure what the problem is, my only assumption is that its something to do with the cable but i'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hilly

rhodinahayman

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
We recently purchased a new computer with an Asus moniteur. It has been 3 weeks and we still can't get it stable. We have tried everything, plugs, cables, settings, you name it. It is now in the box ready to go back to the store in exchange for another model. My response would be that you do the same. In the future I will stay away from Asus products.

comoboy04

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

I figured out mine at least.. The problem was that the hdmi cable wasnt fitting all the way into the port, so I cut the plastic off around the end of the hdmi cable. Works perfect now!

haug44

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015

sointenze

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
I have the same issue. The MX279 has two HDMI ports. The PC on port 1 was giving me this issue. Once the boot up got passed the Windows splash screen (Windows 10) I would get the message from the monitor saying "HDMI 1 No Signal". If I moved the cable over to the second HDMI port its works fine. Powering off and on a few times and it still works fine, no issue. If I power off and move the cable back to Port 1, the issue returns so I believe the issue may be with the monitor. I may look to see if there is a reset or some other troubleshooting process I can work through to try and correct it.